Wednesday, October 29, 2014

18 days, wow, how cool

     I can't believe it will be 6 years together, November 15th is the day we went our for our first "date/get together at McMenamins Mall 205.
     I had met a guy, just a guy friend... acquaintance thru a friend.  Super nice guy... I guess. Mister on the guy. His name is Scott. We'll one day, he invited me to a drum circle up on Mt Hood.  It was a monthly gathering and I had been playing my djembe already for years. Only if I knew that trip, in fact, would change my life.
     Scottie had to get up to the mountain to grab a bunch of camping sites. He had gotten the large site so we had room for a huge circle. It was Salmon River, which I had been going to since I was 16 so I know the ropes :-)  there were supposed to be about 40 yo 50 people. I was excited! New people and fun times!
     I was picked up by these 2 people, Leigh and Big Dave (thats his name i was introduced to).... sweet tiny girl, short petite little thing with a HUGE truck and her real wolf in the back. Out jumps this other guy. He was a big scruffy guy. He was like over 350 pounds easy! Super cool and stocky guy. They I thought were a couple and it looked like the odd couple lol. Both were welcoming to me. It was my ride up there since I didn't drive. All chatting all the way up highway 26 towards Hood. I instantly was hit on by Big Dave. Leigh and I just talked, they were Scottie's friends. Soon to be mine :-)  cracked a few road sodas and off we went. No plans other than to have fun. I was welcomed with open arms :-)  I had an instant drum family ♡♡♡
     We get to the river/camp spot and I watched all these new people setting up. I noticed, since I was single, that there was a couple cute guys. Richard I saw.... a lot lol. I was shy and it was a big group so I actually was never introduced. We just kept jammin..., I was hanging out with the 2 new friends in my life, Leigh and Big Dave. I was content. I had my beers like everyone did.... hard liquor being passed around and blunts and pipes... shroom tea. I only drank. I didn't know them well enough to take shrooms lol. Had a great time. Got home to look at the picture and I kept seeing him in some of the pictures. He was a cute guy. I could tell his demeanor was calm and mellow. He was let's say on my mind, but I knew I was over weight by 20 pounds and didn't feel too attractive lol. I looked like a straight up hippie like everyone else lol. It was a 1970's clothing jam session :-)  I soon forgot about him....
     A few months later, Scottie and crew, we all went rafting down the Sandy from Oxbow to Lewis and Clark. That's a long float! I was good friends with Leigh and Big Dave by then for quite awhile! Dave would come over and hang out with me at my mom's house where I was living. He was the best! So... ok... Dave and I went as buddies of course. There was no attraction other than a good friend with Dave. Richard was there!! Maybe I get to be introduced this time? Ummm not really! We all floated. This time we spoke a little but it was always a group conversation, not Richard and I just chatting. Richard thought Dave and I were together because Dave liked me, a lot, but Dave knew there was no chance, that we'd just be friends. I just wanted friends, not any kind of relationship. We finished the float, had a pure blast jammin down the rapids. We have a huge group of rafts... Scottie's was memorable lol. He had blown up a king sized air mattress, he attached a cooler to it, pitched a pirate flag to the raft and came up with this stoner idea about wrapping the boom box in all plastic wrap ha! So It was all Bob Marley from there on out. Great memories ♡
     Another few months went by. Had seen Richard about 4 back rafting. I was sitting on my old MySpace page and got a message with this guy's face I remembered from both interactions. I didn't know his name ha. So just by face.... oh yea... I remembered :-)  I considered hey! Add another friend to my world because he was so sweet and kind hearted. After chatting for about 30 minutes, him and I both started talking about hanging out soon to get to know eachother. Like I said, just as friends. I had told myself no boyfriends, I didn't have the time or want after a couple failed dates. I was fine being single. ... I loved it. We talked about getting together so I blurted out, I think from excitement. .. "what are you doing tonight? "  He didn't have plans, neither did I. We decided we would go to McMenamins Mall 205 to chill, grab an app and some beers. Closed the MySpace message and got ready.. girls you know... you like to make yourself feel pretty so we fix makeup... hair. I was scruffy already do I just got dressed like I was going to hang out as friends. Right?
     I had butterflies, I can't lie. I watched out of the main window in my house.... his truck pulled up. Took a few deep breaths and took off. He instantly got out of his truck. We stood face to face, saying the usual"hey! Nice to finally meet you!". His eyes were huge lol. I had no idea why. I know i was nervous! He opened my door lol. I'm like... wait, he can't like me! I probably aren't his type. Must be a thing he does for women. Nice touch. The ride was a bit quiet. He didn't talk much. He just had a smile on his face the whole time. I did too. I'm miss social butterfly so I tried to keep up the small talk. It was only a 10 minute drive, seemed forever!
     We get to the restaurant/bar. Love McMenamins.... we grab a booth in the front, just to talk and get to know eachother? Right? I remember being so nervous because I had a crush on someone that I didn't know. I curled my feet up on the booth seat while sitting on my feet lol. I was just there to chill. We sat down across the table and we both turned a few shades of red cheeks. I swear we locked eyes and would stare? Then look away with smiles on our faces. It was all over. These days I had, life I lived without a boyfriend in my life for months was just flying out the window lol. We had a strong and instant connection. It was weird! I wasn't prepared but I loved it all. Was I really going to catch such an awesome guy? My hippie man I had been looking for all my life. Someone who shared a lot of my dreams. Was this the starting to a beautiful relationship? Yup....
     He took me home. On the way home we talked openly like we had known eachother for years. We got to my house and he's just a shy person. I mentioned maybe we expect can hang out again soon?!? He jumped on thst, he sounded excited too. I told him to call me. I remember us both getting out of his truck and just stood there face to face, just a couple feet apart and smiled. I gave him a big hug and said thank you :-) that was a long hug from someone I didn't know well lol. Yes... I was hooked. He was the only man I could think of. I was done, I made up my mind ♡ there was that something special there. He didn't call until late the next day after me waiting with my phone on at my hip all day. He asked if we could do something that night. I was game!
     We went to Mt Tabor instead of spending unnecessary money to be together. I remember sitting atop the hill staring out at the skyline. We were both reminded that this concrete jungle was not for us. We started talking about our hopes and dreams. He was apart of my dreams :-) I couldn't stop thinking about him! I was like a kid again. Waiting for his calls, the butterflies, the wondering thoughts.... ,  dammit... he broke down my wall. That's a hard thing to do!
     So I started staying the night at his home. It was fun. Sat down by the wood stove, we would sit for hours and talk, laugh. Next thing I know, he must have really liked me lol. He asked me to marry him after about 3 to 4 weeks later. I gladly Saud yes. I always thiught... ok, he will change his mind I'm sure. I told him to ask me in the morning if he was serious because he had had a few beers. We soon passed out. I held out on any sort of sexual bond yet for weeks! I'm not easy. I want to see the real colors of people. He was the one. I couldn't have been more happy.
     6am came the next morning. I woke up with my body was facing him. I woke up to him staring at me smiling. He asked me while laying in bed as he ran his fingers thru my hair if I would marry him. I just held him. We held eachother for at least an hour. I was hooked. I had found him... well not really!  Our lives crossed paths and none of this was planned out. I was thinking... Wendy Hamilton. .. sounds good! 
     I'm so blessed by this man. I said yes... I did! So from this encounter I found the man of my dreams. I am complete.
     6 years later, we're just as happy, the butterflies are there still. There's still a passion there. I could never get tired  ?..
     This shows never give up. You don't know when something like this could happen to you. Being single is ok but being loved is the ultimate feeling. They will cross your path. Don't be blind to where you can't see it right away. Hang in there. You will find that person when you least expect it all.. and it happens fast. Deep breaths help. Smile :-)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment